There are lots of products within the beauty and dermatology industry to help improve the health and appearance of the skin. Two of the most popular ones, however, are laser treatment, and Botox treatment. When considering how many Newport Beach Botox specialists exist, it quickly becomes clear that this is the most popular of the two. Let’s take a look at both, however.
What Is Laser Skin Removal?
Through laser skin remove, skin that has been damaged by time and the sun is removed. At the same time, the body is encouraged to grow new, healthy, glowing skin. This is a particularly effective procedure for wrinkles on not just the face, but also the neck. Additionally, it targets the entire complexion, and not just the wrinkles.
Laser skin removal is very popular because:
- It helps to remove premature wrinkles.
- It doesn’t hurt.
- The procedure is very quick.
- The effects can be noticed very rapidly.
There are some drawbacks to the procedure, however, including:
- It does involve some preparation and aftercare.
- It is not permanent.
- It is not as effective on really deep wrinkles.
What Is Botox?
Botox is a toxic substance, the botulism toxin, that was originally developed to treat a variety of medical conditions, including eye muscle spasms, migraines, and excessive sweating. However, it quickly became clear that it was also very beneficial in treating the appearance of wrinkles. Botox injections are now one of the most performed cosmetic procedures the world over.
Botox is popular because:
- It is affordable.
- It is relatively painless
- It is a quick procedure.
- The results can be noticed quite rapidly.
- You can have preemptive Botox, which means you avoid wrinkles later on in life.
At the same time, it has some significant drawbacks, including:
- Results only last for around four months, which means you have to have it repeated quite often.
- Some bruising can occur at the injection site.
- There are possible risks associated, although these are rare.
- The procedure is not as effective on very deep wrinkles.
- It doesn’t affect the complexity of the skin, so other signs of aging remain in place.
- It cannot be used on every wrinkle, not even on the face.
These are just two of the cosmetic procedures that have gained in popularity as of late. As they become more affordable, more and more people are having either laser wrinkle removal or Botox completed to make them look younger again. We live in a society where looking young is hugely important, and this does bring with it another risk: addiction to cosmetic procedures. It is very important, therefore, to choose a reputable specialist, who will only perform the procedures as often as is required. Without that, laser wrinkle removal can take too much of the skin layer away, and Botox can lead to a frozen face. Unfortunately, there are quite a few unscrupulous “specialists” out there, including those who host Botox parties, making it all too easy for people who want too much, to be able to get it.