When choosing kids’ winter clothing, it’s important to know how to layer. A winter vest can make all the difference in warmth and comfort, but how should you layer your child’s winter vest? Here are three great ways to wear your child’s winter vest this winter season that will keep them warm and comfortable all day long.
Wear it with sweaters
A vest is one of the most practical clothing items that your kids can have in their closets. They are perfect for layering and great at making an outfit more interesting. The best thing about them is that they can be worn on their own or as a layer under a jacket. When it comes to kids, vests are perfect for keeping them warm without being too bulky and too restricting. Here are some ways your child can wear a winter vest this season:
- Wear it with sweaters: A sweater is always a good idea, but when you put it over a pair of leggings, tights, jeans, or sweatpants, it looks fantastic. In these instances, try to find long-sleeve tops and cardigans rather than short-sleeve ones because those are easier to layer over the top.
- Layered with other things: You can pair your child’s vest with different clothes like skirts and dresses! All you need is a tank top underneath, so there aren’t any embarrassing gaps between the shirt and skirt hemline.
- With other outerwear: Finally, don’t forget that vests also work well with coats!
Wear it with shirts
Two of the most popular ways that kids wear their vests are over shirts or as an accessory. The first way requires a t-shirt, while the second one can be worn with any shirt in your child’s closet. If you want the vest to be the focal point of the outfit, have them wear it on top of their clothes. This look is perfect for cold weather and will keep them warm and cozy. If you want your child’s vest to act as an accent piece, have them wear it under their clothing, so it peeks out from under their coat and sweater. This will give off a fashionable layered effect without making them too hot!
Add fun accessories
A winter vest is perfect for adding an extra layer of warmth when it’s cold outside. Whether your kids are playing on the playground or running errands, our three favorite ways to wear a winter vest are sure to keep them cozy and comfortable all winter long:
- Layer their vest under an overcoat. This is great for going out in the morning when it’s still chilly but then heading back inside later in the day.
- Add something fun, like mittens or gloves (depending on your child’s age). These can be worn with the coat unzipped for easy access.
- Make a winter scarf into a poncho by tying one end around the neck and then draping it over the head. The scarf will stay put thanks to its tight knot at the neck and arms that cover from shoulder to wrist.
Vests are a great way for kids to stay warm during the winter. They can be worn with sweatshirts, long sleeve shirts, jackets, or even as an outer layer for girls’ dresses from presleycouture.com. You can even find vests in fun colors, prints, and patterns. And best of all, they are easy to take on and off!